Terms and Conditions
Last updated 18th May 2018
1 Information about us
- The PlayBag Company is a small family run business based in rural Northamptonshire. We operate mainly from our website www.theplaybagcompany.co.uk, however you may also find us at events throughout the country.
- To contact us, please go to the contact us page
2 About our products
- All our PlayBags are designed and created by hand in the UK from quality fabrics.
- Our PlayBags are CE marked, meaning that they are safe for children. However, we do recommend supervision.
- The images used on our website and promotional literature are for illustrative purposes only. Unless stated otherwise, you are purchasing the PlayBag alone – the toys in the images are there to show you different ways to use the PlayBags.
- The PlayBag has been designed to use with a selection of the child’s own toys.
- The PlayBag toys that we sell in our shop are chosen to compliment the PlayBags, and are bought in from trusted suppliers.
3 How we use your personal information
- We respect the privacy rights of all our customers and website visitors.
- Your details will only be used for processing orders and keeping you informed of the progress of your order and keeping you informed of company news via our newsletter.
- Once making a purchase you will automatically be signed up to receive our monthly newsletter to keep you in touch with any news, offers, or competitions from The PlayBag Company. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
- We promise not to pass your details on to any third party.
- Nobody likes their inbox filled with junk so we also promise not to spam!!
4 Your rights as a consumer
- While purchasing from our website you are confirming that you are over 16 years of age.
5 Our right to vary these terms
- We may revise these terms every now and again to reflect changes in consumer law or changes in the working practices of The PlayBag Company.
- Every time you order products from us, the Terms in force at the time will apply.
- It will state at the top of the page when these Terms were last updated.
6 Cancellations, Returns and Refunds
If you are not completely happy with your purchase, please do contact us as soon as possible on [email protected] to let us know, and return the unused product for a refund or replacement.
- How long to return an item
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 you have the right to cancel your order from the moment you place the order until 14 days after the order has been received.
- Condition of product eligible for return
If you are returning a product which is faulty, we will send you a suitable replacement and refund the costs of returning the faulty item.
- When refund can be expected
We aim to process all refunds within 24 hours of the product being received by us.
- Items not eligible for refund
Unfortunately we cannot accept returns for custom orders or sale items. This does not include items which have been purchased with a discount code.
- How to return an item
In the first instance, please email us on [email protected] so that we understand why you are unhappy with your purchase and we can expect a return. We will then email you the full postage address for the return item.
- Who is responsible for postage
Unless the Products are faulty, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the products.
- Under normal circumstances, delivery on products that are listed in stock will be posted out by first class delivery within one working day of the order being received. If there is likely to be any delay to this we will endeavour to let you know as soon as possible with an estimated time schedule.
- As of January 2018, we are no longer charging for postage.
- If your product is damaged or faulty upon delivery, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can resolve the issue.
- Unfortunately we are currently not accepting international orders.
8 Custom Orders
- When placing a custom order, the price and time estimate will be discussed prior to the order being processed. This is due to the fact that extra fabrics may need to be ordered.
9 Price of products and delivery charges
- We reserve the right to change our prices from time to time, however his will not affect orders which we have confirmed.
- Our current prices as of January 2018 include first class postage.
- Payment for your products should be made on the online checkout as part of the ordering process.
- We accept payment by either PayPal or through the Barclaycard gateway and each payment takes place through a secure server to ensure that your personal information is protected. Most major credit and debit cards are accepted through both these methods.
- Please note that you do not need a PayPal account to make a payment through this method.
- We do not hold any credit card details are entered into our Barclaycard system and are neither transmitted or held on PlayBag Company systems.
11 Quality control
- All our PlayBags are handmade from quality fabrics, sourced from trusted suppliers. We track every aspect of the creation of each PlayBag to trace materials used and all checks which have been carried out.
- The PlayBags are also checked for quality at several stages in the making process.
12 Our guarantee
- All our PlayBags are handmade, and as such there will be minor differences between them – making each one unique.
- We want you to be completely happy with the PlayBag that you have purchased from us, and as such if you do experience any problems, please do contact us on [email protected] as soon as possible so we can rectify the problem.
- All PlayBags are guaranteed for 12 months for defects, however this does not include natural wear and tear or misuse, or failing to follow the proper care instructions.
We do hope that your PlayBag gives you and your family years of stress free imaginative play time, but please do contact us if we can be of any further help.